Monday, December 5, 2011

“Typhoid Fever” – Before You Read: Present-Tense Childhood Memory

I am seven years old and sitting on the couch playing spider man. I see myself playing to long,  then my cousin E.J. comes over and has a smile on his face. We go outside to play on the playground, my mom is working and my dad is watching us play. E.J is one of my favorite cousins, my Auntie Elsa went out for work and we are having fun. Me and my cousin went inside my grandma's house, we had vienna sausage and rice. Me and E.J always ate this most of the time we were growing up. I mean we used to pee together, spend the night over at his really nice house. As years passed, in middle school I ran away from my grandparents house because they were not really teaching me anything. So I headed to my moms house, as I were living there we had hard times with the roommates in my mom's house. I should of told my parent's, or cops that they were doing drug deals in the house. But I didn't, that is why I'm here at San Pasqual. Making bad choices leads you to group homes or even worse. I never seen my relatives for about 3 years, and when they saw me in 2010. They thought I was a giant, it was funny but me and my cousin's connection isn't active how it used to be. It is called a broken bond, so my life learn lesson is to never hide the truth. Always tell the truth, even if it costs your life.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is interesting that what began as a present-tense childhood memory transformed into a reflection. I am glad you leaned to tell the truth. I wonder how you feel about "white lies."

    ReplyDelete